contact info

NEW ORLEANS STUDIO LIVE UPDATE 02/01/23

STATUS: The studio will be closed Wednesday evening for a model dinner and will be closed for a rain day on Thursday. Our next open day will be Friday both day and night.

MODELS: We are still doing "open studio" for male models interested in volunteering to become art. This means no interview is necessary. Text or message to confirm a slot. Tourists are especially encouraged to visit during the 2023 Mardi Gras season.

VISITORS: Tours of the studio are always available. Text or message if you'd like to see what was LITERALLY created from the ashes of Hurricane Ida.

WEBSITE: The Wildwood Enchanted series now has new art posted in the Garden of Aphrodite. It is the first post beneath this update. There is also a new entry in author Richard Alan Scott's Labyrinth Journal. at: Labyrinth Journal Richard Alan Scott (post will be appear beneath this message after clicking link)

(These updates are posted daily)

Contact Information

Grey Cross Studios
1920 4th St, New Orleans , LA 70113
Email: gcsartno@aol.com
Twitter: @GreyCrossStudio
Send text messages to 504-874-2908, Instagram @GreyCrossStudios, Twitter @GreyCrossStudio, Facebook Grey Anatoli Cross

Thursday, February 7, 2019

The 40/60 Rule



The 40/60 rule is a simple guideline I use when creating art. It means that I use 40% of my time to plan out the piece of art. The remaining 60% is pure inspiration. We can get bogged down in the planning of our art, or exactly the opposite, we do not devote enough time to the planning.

By using the 40/60 rule it allows me to consider the planning of a piece of art without losing that crucial spontaneous inspiration necessary for the creation of great art.

New artists can get bogged down in the process of art. So much so that they lose their inspiration. By applying the 40/60 rule they can eliminate many of the small problems that creep into the art process while at the same time maintaining the all important inspiration that drives us all.

DON'T LOSE YOUR INSPIRATION! 

No comments:

Post a Comment